MBOX to PST Mac conversion can be the simple process that doesn’t have to be chaotic or difficult to go through. Even though both data files are incredibly different in the way they operate with data and structure the information within them, it’s quite possible to convert them simply by automatic and graphical interfaces tools, if you know where to look.
MBOX and PST – Short Introduction
Every software program deals with data using its own programming framework and most importantly, its own data files and formats. Email clients are no different. In fact, they have to deal with data most heavily and frequently. This is where MBOX and PST files come in.
MBOX was originally a file used by Mac Mail. But after the 2nd version of ‘Mail,’ they replaced it with EMLX file to store individual emails. All these EMLX files are stored within .mbox file packages but they are not standard MBOX files. However, the format of MBOX got widespread and is now pretty much a standard for data storage, even beyond email clients. Most commonly, Google allows you to download your data from several Google services into MBOX file, which can you later import to other programs that support the format, like Mac Mail.
PST, on the other hand, is a proprietary file format by Microsoft, specifically for Windows Outlook. Outlook can store, archive, back-up, import/export data into PST files or through PST files. Outlook also uses OST, a variant of PST, but for the purpose of this article, it’s not that important. PST can also be imported into Mac Outlook, but it’s not the native file for Mac version.
MBOX to PST Mac Conversion
There are many file converters that allow you to convert MBOX files to PST files. But most of them are Windows based tools. It’s not clear among users and ever developers which platform is best to go through with the process of conversion, because MBOX is more Mac OS inclined and PST is strictly for Windows OS.
For all practical purposes, it’s seen that converting them directly in Mac is much more beneficial and accurate. Which makes it disappointing to know that most MBOX to PST converter are built for Windows.
What Problems You Can Face While Converting MBOX to PST Mac
There are potentially lots of problems you can face during converting these files. Primarily because nothing in these files are similar to each other. Both formats have dissimilar and almost contrasting data tables and architecture making it complicated for the programs to extract and reconstruct the data within them.
But that could be solved almost to perfection by advanced algorithms that can process the information cleanly. However, most tools don’t have the capability to do that. And on top of that, they are built callously with poor interfaces, lack of proper features, and no tech support.
Here are some potentially frustrating problems you can face while converting MBOX to PST in Mac (or Windows), if you don’t have proper and professional set of tools:
- Lack of support to convert Unicode content, including non-English text characters such as Chinese and Japanese
- Keeping folder hierarchy same after the conversion. You can find your folders mismatched in PST files in relation to their original structure.
- Lot of time is required to convert large MBOX to PST Mac by generic converters.
- No tech support makes you alone during the process without any help of any kind.
- Poor UIs make the process more complicated than it should be. And it also makes it confusing to apply some of the features or options necessary to convert data efficiently.
“Mail Extractor Pro” – The Only Tool That Resolves This Complicated Problem!
“Mail Extractor Pro” is a tool from USL Software that allows converting MBOX to PST directly in Mac. It was built from scratch, throwing away all obsolete and dubious means of data extraction, while implementing modern logic and algorithms. It also has a friendly UI, large set of flexible options, 24 x 7 tech support, and more to make your job simpler.
If you have never converted MBOX to PST Mac, you can still use “Mail Extractor Pro” right away without having to learn any of the technical side of the process, thanks to its minimal and basic UI.
However, the simplicity of the tool doesn’t compromise with its power and ability to handle large scale migration projects. It can still handle massive MBOX files in bulk and converts them to PST with lightning fast speed.
Here are some features listed below:
It not only converts MBOX to PST Mac, but also converts Apple Mail, Thunderbird, Postbox, and Entourage databases directly to PST files.
- Supports MIME defined content too (non-English characters in headers, non-text attachments, and more.
- Let’s you split large PST files into smaller files, as large sized files are harder to import to Windows or Mac Outlook.
- Preview of all the folders inside your selected MBOX files. And the ability to remove any of them that you don’t need to convert PST.
- Batch conversion made possible. Just select a folder containing multiple MBOX files and convert them all to PST in one go, without any noticeable change in other performance factors, like speed and accuracy.
- Worried about your attachments? Don’t be. It has dedicated logic to ensure the attachments of all sorts are picked up and extracted without errors.
Get it to convert MBOX to PST Mac
But enough about the talk. Want to see it directly in action? Install it now and try it out in the free trial mode. The link is given below for the setup file that requires no signing up or giving any kind of information.
Contact the support staff for any question now or during your conversion if you need help. They are friendly, expert at email migration, and quick to respond.
Try it today to convert MBOX to PST Mac without any hassle.