Import MBOX format into Outlook (Mac & Windows) is not possible. Here is what you need to do.
One of the most common formats to store data is MBOX. Even Google lets you download your data to MBOX format. This file can be used with dozens of different clients and software.
Except Outlook. Outlook is emailing software or client from Microsoft, available for Mac and Windows. And it does not support MBOX format.
But there is no need to panic just yet.
Best Way to Import MBOX format into Outlook
If you have MBOX format that you need to open in Outlook, you can follow the procedure stated below. It needs “Mail Extractor Pro,” an excellent MBOX to PST converter tool that is easy to use and delivers accurate results. It is for MacOS.
The way it works is by extracting or converting all data from MBOX format into Outlook compatible PST format. PST is natively for Windows Outlook but you can also import it in Mac Outlook.
How to import MBOX format into Outlook
- Step 1: First, download the setup file for “Mail Extractor Pro” here. You can use it for free in a demo mode first.
- Step 2: Double-click on the installer/setup file and follow the instructions to install.
- Step 3: Launch once the installation is finished. Then, click on the “Load” button next to the “MBOX” files option.
- Step 4: Browse to the location your MBOX file is stored at and select it.
- Step 5: The tool displays all the folders inside your selected file. You can manually remove any folder you do not want to convert by simply unchecking the box next to it. Also, use the ‘Ignore Empty folders’ option if you want to not convert any empty folder to PST.
- Step 6: Set the max size limit for the output PST file. What this does is let the tool create additional PST files all under the size limit. This is to avoid massively oversized PST files, which are tricky to import to Outlook.
- Step 7: Click ‘Convert’ and pick the location to save the converted PST file and click ‘Save.’
- Step 8: wait for the conversion to be over.
Congratulations, you have successfully converted the MBOX files to PST. Now you can click on “locate Output folder” to directly go to the location where the PST file is saved. Move it to Windows PC and import it to Outlook. Or you can also use it in Mac Outlook if you want.
This is the simplest approach to an otherwise very daunting and lengthy process through any other means. “Mail Extractor Pro” takes care of all your minute and key details in MBOX files, including graphics, attachments, email addresses, headers, Unicode text, and more. You will never have to worry about the data integrity loss, which is rampant in generic MBOX to PST converters available online.
Get it to Import MBOX Format into Outlook
“Mail Extractor Pro” is available to download in several licenses depending on how many machines you want to install it in. The free trial mode gives you a free peek into how it works and how the interface lets any users, expert or beginner, convert data without efforts.
Get ‘Mail Extractor Pro’ today and hassle free import MBOX format into Outlook for Mac & Windows.