What to do and how to Open MBOX File in Outlook When the Client Doesn’t Support MBOX Format.
How to Open Mbox file in Outlook
MBOX is a generic term for several files or formats for storing email messages and mailboxes. MBOX file is used by many email clients. It’s also a file format that plenty of other types of applications use.
It is associated primarily with Mac Mail. The very first edition of Mac Mail stored data in MBOX files. But the later versions used EMLX files to store email messages and the EMLX file is now stored inside .mbox file packages but not standard MBOX file.
The most commonly used MBOX file is when you download your Google data. Google offers “Takeout” feature that allows you to download all your data from all Google services that you use into a single MBOX file. Google processes the data into an MBOX file on its own servers and emails you when the file is ready to download.
And today, we are going to talk about this particular Google MBOX file and how to open this MBOX file in Outlook.
Most Windows users or Mac users that like Mac Outlook may find that the MBOX file they downloaded with their Google data, they cannot open it in their email clients. This is because Outlook (Windows and Mac) does not support importing data in MBOX format. Windows Outlook uses PST format and Mac Outlook can also use PST format but the native file format is OLM.
So, Outlook users remain confused with the MBOX file.
The way to import it into Outlook requires to first convert it into PST format. And then you can import the data into Outlook Mac or Windows. And that is not too easy.
Converting MBOX file to PST requires a professional third-party software that are not in abundance. And if you do find a third-party MBOX to PST converter, the chances are you are going find them inefficient, slow, and hard to use. Both MBOX and PST files are dissimilar and vary in their inner framework or structure for storing data. Therefore, for any software application to process and extract the contents within them and convert needs dedicated logic and accurate algorithms to convert data cleanly.
If you decided to go with ordinary solutions, the tools that are not built with all the complications of email file conversion in mind, you will find the output PST files missing a lot of details. Emails in today’s modern world are getting increasingly complex every day since they no longer are limited to simple text. You can now attach files, format the contents using HTML, embed images and other objects like excel sheets, and so on.
Clearly, any tool that you want to use to convert your files so you can open MBOX file in Outlook needs to be advanced and accurate. More than that, it needs to have all the essential qualities any software program requires for to be successful – usability, user-friendly interface, fast processing speed, and so on. Such a tool in this domain is hard to come by.
But below, we have mentioned the only software application (for Mac) that will get you to convert MBOX file to PST to import your Google data in Outlook.
Software to Open MBOX file in Outlook
It’s called “Mail Extractor Pro,” and is a direct result of professional software development from USL Software, a dominating company in email migration sphere that has produced many excellent applications. “Mail Extractor Pro” contains all that is necessary to successfully, quickly, easily, and accurately convert MBOX to PST.
If you want to try it, you can download the free trial version right now and check it out thoroughly. If you want to know more about it, continue reading below.
- It can convert multiple MBOX files to PST in one batch. So, if you have more than one MBOX file, you will find “Mail Extractor Pro” extremely valuable especially considering batch conversion support is not offered by conventional file converters.
- It converts non-English text like Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and all other accurately. There will be no broken string of text, something that usually troubles many users trying to open MBOX life in Outlook through any other method.
- The tool also keeps the folder hierarchy preserved. It’s a feature without which it can get impossible to manage your emails. Imagine losing the entire structure or form which arranges your emails nicely in MBOX file or, in Gmail, the source of the file.
- Using the tool is incredibly simple. Just click on “Load” next to MBOX files and select your files to convert. Check the folders selected for conversion and click convert.
- It can also limit the size of output PST files by letting you specify how large do you want your files to be after conversion. The tool will automatically create several PST files as needed depending on the size-limit you set and the size of the MBOX files.
So, if you have downloaded your Gmail data from Google in MBOX format, but not sure how to open that file in Outlook, you can very easily convert it into PST format using “Mail Extractor Pro”.
Download Now (How to Open MBOX file in Outlook)
Download the trial setup to check it out now!
Get it here: https://www.mailextractorpro.com/download-now/.
USL Software also backs it up with the customer support that is ready to help you whenever and wherever required.
How to convert / Open MBOX file in Outlook
Follow the steps to open mbox file in Outlook by converting them into PST file format.
- Click on “MBOX files: Load“
- Select a single mbox file or folder containing MBOX files and click ‘Open’
- Set PST file Size (Optional) and click on ‘Convert’
- Then choose a folder to store PST file, click on ‘Save’
- That’s all, the conversion process will start.
We believe that the article (How to open mbox file in Outlook) helps you to understand about mbox, emlx and pst file.