How to convert MBOX to PST?
Thinking of moving from Apple Mail or Thunderbird to Outlook for Windows? Or, did you just downloaded your Google takeout data in MBOX files and want it to use into Windows Outlook?
You can easily do that by converting MBOX files to PST. MBOX is a file used by Apple Mail to store data, and it is also used by Google as a takeout file format. PST on the other hand is a Windows Outlook native data file.
How to convert MBOX to PST is a common question asked by many users, both non-experienced experienced. This tutorial will help you do that.
“Mail Extractor Pro” is a tool from USL Software to do exactly that. It has an efficient programming that doesn’t compromise with data safety or integrity. And all of its features are structured into a user-friendly GUI that makes the tool self-explanatory to use.
Here are the very simple steps you need to take to convert MBOX to PST files.
NOTE* – If you want Apple Mail, Thunderbird & Postbox data to convert to PST file, you can simply choose “Auto-Load” option. That will automatically get data from Mail databases, instead of using MBOX files. It’s much quicker, safe, and more accurate. However, if you have MBOX files with you, like from Gmail takeout or you already archived any *.MBOX, follow the steps below.
Here’s How to Convert MBOX to PST using Mail Extractor Pro:
- Launch “Mail Extractor Pro”on you Mac System.
- You’ll see an option for loading MBOX files simply called “Load” next to MBOX files. Click on it to locate to the folder where you have saved the MBOX files and select them. You can convert Single or Multiple MBOX files at once.
- Load Single MBOX file (Select single mbox file)
- Load Multiple MBOX files. (Select folder containing MBOX files)
- By default, all folders inside selected MBOX files will be ticked off. You can untick the ones you don’t want to convert.
- There’s an option that “Mail Extractor Pro” offers that allows you to split large PST files by setting the maximum allowed size for them. This makes importing PST into Windows Outlook easy. Keep the size under 15GB as recommended.
- Click ‘Convert’ and it will ask the location where you’d want the tool to save the converted PST files.
- Click ‘Save’ and wait for a few minutes (depending on the size) for the tool to convert everything into PST.
This is the easiest approach to MBOX to PST conversion. The one that is used by both basic home users and advanced users in workplace. The speciality of “Mail Extractor Pro” lies in protecting the minute details of your data such as metadata, headers, S/MIME emails, images, timestamps, etc.
Want to try it out? You can get the setup file here and use “Mail Extractor Pro” in a free limited mode that works on ten items per folder. Perfect for verifying how it works in action. Activate to full version at your leisure when you are fully satisfied.
The tutorial (How to convert MBOX to PST) helps you to hassle free convert your MBOX file using Mail Extractor Pro.